Mental Health & Wellbeing
Are you worried about your mental health or wellbeing? Your first point of call is your GP who can talk to you about your concerns and then make a referral to a suitable service:
- The Military Veterans IAPT service is an NHS psychological therapy service working with British ex-service personnel, across the North West. Watch this for more information. You can be referred by your GP or can make a self-referral by completing the self-referral form here or calling 0161 253 6638
- Your GP can direct you to local mental health provision including local community mental health teams and specialist services.
- LVP HQ also have an agreed mental health pathway – if you are having problems accessing mental health support or you don’t wish to ask your GP about these services, LVP HQ can signpost you to appropriate mental health charities.
- The Big White Wall is a safe, anonymous support service, available online 24/7. Staffed by trained counsellors at all times, it’s now free to all military personnel, veterans and their families.
- If you need to talk to someone the Samaritans offer emotional support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – call them on 08457 90 90 90 or email email@example.com
- Combat Stress offer a 24 hour helpline specifically for members of the military community 0800 138 1619