Friends & Family – Financial
Support is out there to help with finances and looking for work. See below for useful links.
- The RBL’s Women’s Section provides a Children’s Welfare Scheme which offers grants to families and single parents towards the cost of essential items required by their children.
- The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund supports children whose parents work, or have worked, for the Naval service. Their services include support with childcare, special needs education, days out and in-home support in times of crisis. You will need to complete this form to apply for support.
- Forces Children’s Trust offer provides help and support to children and their families through educational and social events, bereavement counselling days and holidays.
- Forces Discount offer discount to serving, retired or reservist members of the UK Armed Forces and attached civilians and their families.
Do you need a break with your family or are you looking for some activities for your kids to get involved with?
- RBL’s Family Breaks provides holidays away from home for the most disadvantaged families; the aim is to provide families with a week of fun, activities, exciting day trips and memorable experiences. They have sites around the country and you can apply by calling 0808 802 8080 or email
Back to Friends & Family